- 6 large free-range eggs
- 200 ml crème fraiche
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce
- half small red onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 10g / ¼ oz chives, chopped
- 25g / 1 oz butter
- 100g / 3½ oz sliced smoked salmon (hot- or cold-smoked)
- the juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Beat the eggs and crème fraiche with the horseradish and a little seasoning.
- Lightly saute the onion and chives in the butter until just softened then, over a medium heat, tip in the egg. Leave for a couple off minutes then, with a spatula, push in from the sides. Cook for 7 – 8 minutes or until almost set then lay over the smoked salmon slices.
- Place under a preheated hot grill for 2 – 3 minutes until just set then squeeze over the lemon juice and serve at once in wedges, with salad.
Serves 2 – 3
- Sue Lawrence, Cook, Author. A Cook’s Tour of Scotland
- Amazon Book